Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving traffic to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results pages returned by a search engine (SERP) including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
A.) Content & Search Engine Success Factors
Content is the major “on- the- page” SEO factor in search engine success that includes content quality.
Other factors that analyze the importance of contents are:
- Inclusion of words and phrases that the user will find for
- Engage or involvement of the user to spare the time
- Freshness of topics
- Shallowness of content
- Size of the content ads.
B.) Link Factors in Search Algorithm
There are many link factors that can be taken into account by any algorithm. It should include at least one of the following:
- Transience (do links disappear after a time)
- Anchor text (how much exact match is there) and Context
- Relevance of site’s content to the link and Prominence of placement
- Quality of other links on the page
- Trends of links over time and Co-citation
- Frequency of linking (how frequently do the domains exchange links)
Along with above points there are basically 4 link factors that tend to influence performance:
- The domain authority of the ranking URL
- The quantity and diversity of links(the amount of unique referring domains) into the domain
- The quantity and diversity of links into the URL
- The amount of matching anchors
C.) Site Architecture & Search Engine Success Factors:
Search engines “crawl” web sites, going from one page to another incredibly quickly, acting like hyperactive speed readers. They make copies of the pages that get stored in the “index,” which is like a massive book of the web.
Google gives the small ranking advantage to the speedy sites over slower sites to make the web a faster place.
Including the words that need to be find, within the domain name or page URLs can help ranking prospects.
D.) Social Media & Ranking In Search Results
To gain references from social accounts with good reputations having your own social presence that is well regarded is important.
Similar to links, getting quality social shares is ideal, but being shared widely on social networks is still helpful. Having a Twitter account, a Facebook fan page or Google+ Page can build up a network that can help spread the content, site and brand.